In May 2012, Syngentis commissioned an independent market research company to survey Human Resource Directors and Occupational Health Managers to find out what key services they would value from the new company.
We wanted to find out from those of you working on the frontline how we can best help to meet your future needs.
NHS occupational health managers and NHS Human Resource Directors were e-mailed and asked to undertake an on-line survey. Access to the survey was also made available via the NHS Health at Work website. The survey sought to establish likely future demand for the following five key areas of occupational health support:
- Strategic advice services (board-level).
- Commissioning and procurement services.
- Services required at the operational level.
- Management support services.
- Training and coaching services.
What services will you require over the next three years?
Orange - Will definately require these services Blue - May need these servcies
The results showed strong demand over the next three years for a number of specific services
- Almost three quarters (74%) of NHS Human Resource Directors would either definitely need or may need strategic advice over the next three years
- Over 85% of those with board level responsibility required support with occupational health tendering and procurement
- Over 85% of all respondents (Human Resource Directors and OH Managers) said that they would definitely require or might require services to enable them to benchmark their occupational health services
- 70% needed to review the productivity and efficiency of their occupational health service
- Over 70% of all respondents thought that they would definitely need or may need a review of occupational health service pricing strategies in the next three years
- Training and management support services will have low demand in the next 3 years
- Respondents with board level responsibility in organisations that employ in excess of 2,500 staff were in particular need of Syngentis support
The ‘top ten’ services required
Other feedback from the survey
Occupational health services wanted:
“Support in getting Board attention”
“We need access to high level business management advice from someone who has a mix of commercial and public sector experience”
“Benchmarking similar to NPAG but more cost effective”
“Help promoting the occupational health service internally”
Next steps - the Syngentis response
Thank you for all of your responses – we are delighted that over 80% of you believe that Syngentis can be a valuable resource. From your feedback we have been refining and adapting the provision of the services that we will immediately offer so that we can best support your needs in the future.
We will provide:
Strategic consultancy support
We can offer board-level advice and make recommendations ensuring a clear alignment between your organisations objectives and your approach to occupational health and wellbeing. We can support you with:
- Identifying your bespoke and specific needs and assisting you with the writing of tendering specifications
- Commissioning the right health and work services for your organisation so that they are aligned with your business objectives
- Improving the quality, productivity, performance and efficiency of your occupational health service
Clinical benchmarking via MoHaWK
Find out more about MoHawK here – it is currently a free service for NHS teams.
Business benchmarking via STEM
We are currently improving and developing STEM – an online costing tool. This will also help teams review their pricing strategies. We will relaunch this as a web based free service in 2013.
If you would like to be kept up to date please Contact Us
Syngentis is the new not for profit community interest company that aims to support the NHS in the provision of excellent occupational health care and progress work previously undertaken by NHS Plus. We recognise that there is increasing pressure on NHS teams and can help you demonstrate quality, effectiveness and efficiency.